Monday, December 2, 2013

Twenty-Eight


Today, I turn 28. For the past few years, I've been dreading getting older (in a way that only 20somethings can) but, this year, I think I'm feeling pretty positive about entering a new year.  My birthday always makes me a bit reflective, particularly as it is sandwiched between Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Year's, which naturally make one take stock.  

I remember people telling me that their mid-twenties were the best, particularly 25.  To be honest, my mid-twenties have been difficult.  I've definitely had some great times, but it has overall been a period of constant hard work.  In the last three years, I have graduated from law school, completed my professional course, went through a year of training that involved the stress of a very long interview process and have dealt with the jump into my real professional life.  Maybe my mid-twenties have just looked very different from the mid-twenties of someone who graduated from college at 22 and started working immediately.  I have achieved a lot, and I am very grateful for where I have ended up, but I think I'm now able to look forward to a year that I can devote to just living and enjoying it.

The next year will bring some big changes and further challenges, but I feel like I have a lot to look forward to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...