Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!


Happy Thanksgiving!

This is the American holiday that I miss the most (although in the summer, I say it's the 4th of July).  I miss having a few days off to go out with friends on Thanksgiving Eve, to stuff myself silly at dinner on Thanksgiving and then spend the rest of a lazy afternoon playing card games and chatting with my family.  

Today, I do have to work due to my ridiculous schedule of late, but I am taking a few hours off this morning to attend the Thanksgiving Day service at St Paul's Cathedral.  I have never been inside the cathedral before, which is one of my favourite London landmarks, and I thought that this special event would make today feel more like a holiday than just having turkey for dinner.  Apparently, the US Ambassador will speak and read out a message from President Obama and there will be an American Church Choir and US Marine Corps Color Guard, but I'm not really sure what else to expect.

If you're celebrating today, I hope you have a great holiday. In true Thanksgiving tradition, I will be taking some time out today to remember to be thankful and acknowledge the blessings in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...