Monday, November 11, 2013

Checking In

Today I am taking some time to check in.



I apologise for being largely absent for the past couple of weeks - things have been a little bit crazy on this end.  For me, the last couple of weeks have consisted of:
  1. An average work day lasting 12 hours, and when you add in my 2-hour commute (1 hour each way) and at least one night a week when I have to continue working when I get home, this does not leave a lot of spare time.
  2. Being granted indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom as a permanent resident - i.e. I can now stay here forever and they can't kick me out.  Amazing result but an amazingly stressful process.
  3. A man breaking into our flat via the bedroom window with socks on his hands to bee caught by our current houseguest and later arrested.

Life has been hectic to say the least.  On a side note, I'm pretty grateful for having discovered that stress does not necessarily lead to poor health, it appears that only the belief that stress is bad for your is bad for you (otherwise, I might be doomed).

I took some time out this weekend to decompress, and I'm easing back into things today.  With the upcoming holidays, I'm feeling a bit sentimental, so I wanted to share the John Lewis Christmas Ad for 2013.  If you're anything like me (read: an overly emotional crier), you will need a tissue at hand.  





They get it so right, every time.  I still think my favourites are from 2011 and 2012 though - see my recap of John Lewis Christmas ads here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...