Friday, October 18, 2013

A Bit of Fun for the Weekend

It's Friday!


I have been working hard this week and am sorely in need of the weekend.  Fortunately, I have had a bit of a slow Friday afternoon, which has left plenty of time for faffing about (US read: procrastinating) on the Internet.

Here are a few things to keep you amused until the weekend begins:



40 maps that will help you make sense of the world - I seriously spent over an hour looking at this today.  I may personally love maps and infographics but, seriously, these are great.


A fun quiz from The New York Times to test how well you can read peoples emotions - I scored 32/36 and, with the average score between 22 and 30, I'm pretty much an emotion-reading master.


The 21 Unbreakable Commuting Commandments - Learn them. Live them.  Numbers 16 and 20 are my personal bug bears at the moment.  This list is London Underground specific, but I'm pretty sure the rules are of general public transport application.



More inspirational than amusing, Barnard student Lily Myers speaks insightfully on "Shrinking Women."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...