Monday, July 8, 2013

London Guide: Bistrot Bruno Loubet


Bistrot Bruno Loubet, where Clerkenwell Road meets St John's Square, marked a more permanent return to London for French chef Bruno Loubet in 2010, after he had left London for a stint in Brisbane.





Just below the Zetter, I have eaten here a few times and have never been disappointed.  The menu is generally a modern take on classic French cuisine. On my most recent visit, I had the Proven├žal artichoke and ricotta salad to start, which was a perfect summer starter with really good texture.  I then had the wild boar ragout with tagliatelle, which was really tasty, with big chunks of meat, and was actually quite a lot of food (and I had already had quite a bit to drink at this point, so I think that's saying something).  I would also recommend the guineafowl boudin blanc with broad beans.

If you don't want dessert, don't look at the dessert menu.  With lemon and rhubarb tartlet with wild strawberry sorbet or apple cheesecake with maple, rosemary and bourbon syrup, how can you refuse? The cheese board is something special, as well.

I will certainly be eating here again.




(Photos from Bistrot Bruno Loubet)

Ratings: (numbers out of 10, £ out of 4)
Food: 8
Atmosphere: 8
Service: 8
Price: ££ to £££
Overall experience: 8.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...