Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Self Appreciation

I have entered a new professional phase that requires a lot of confidence,
and I must admit that it's something that I struggle with.
This weekend, I came across two videos that really struck a chord -
not only for my professional life, but for my personal life, as well.

A lot of you have probably seen the Dove Real Beauty Sketches campaign,
but if you haven't, definitely have a look. 


The second video is from TED lecture by social psychologist Amy Cuddy
on how your body language shapes who you are.
Amy Cuddy's findings show that striking a power pose for just two minutes
increases your leves of testosterone and decreases your levels of cortisol,
actually making you feel more confident and powerful.
Her moto: fake it until you become it (not just until you make it).


This was my first TED lecture - I'll think I'll be watching more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...