Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Styling Small Spaces

I returned to London, after being very spoiled this Christmas,
with some new items for my flat.  I was excited but still found myself
wishing that my space was slightly larger (or at least that I owned it and
could reconfigure the rooms a bit better).

However, the following photos reminded me that small spaces
can pack a big punch if styled in a way that makes the most of the space available.
I think I need to take a harder look at my own use of space.


(via)

The living room above and below uses scaled-down furniture really well - 
creating a living room that looks full and inviting but not crammed or too miniature. 

(via)

The curved-back chairs in this space create a dining space of substance
that isn't too bulky. I also love the lighting over the table (and the skulls).


(via)

This tiny New York kitchen is amazing. I can't believe how many elements
have been incorporated with the overall result looking homey and not cluttered.
That ghost chair in the corner lives up to its name.


(via)

For some reason, the simplicity of this kitchen in the little cabin of Booke Hanson, 
Restoration Hardware's Art Director, puts me instantly at ease.

(via)

This small living room packs a big punch.

(via)


This is one glam galley kitchen. I love the black and white contrast,
the chandelier and how the oversized fork plays with scale.

(via)

I need to remember that small spaces do not mean that mixing
various patterns and textures is out - this little loft does that well.

(via)

Outside space is coveted in London no matter what the size.
This tiny balcony is serene and adds another room to the flat.

(via)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...