Wednesday, December 19, 2012

UK Christmas Songs

One of the (many) things that the UK does better than the US
when it comes to Christmas, is the music.  There are a few good Christmas
carols in the US (and there's no denying Mariah's "All I Want for Christmas,"
Bruce Springsteen's "Merry Christmas Baby," and Bing Crosby are distinctly American),
but apparently we Americans also love to get a bit corny with our carols and
think that carols should be largely old fashioned.

Not so in the UK.
I think the competition for Christmas Number One is the key to this
(you may remember something about this from Love Actually, 
 with Blue versus Bill Nighy).

So I'm sharing with you some top Christmas songs that Americans
normally just miss out on - I will be loading my iPod with these before I set off.

Fairytale of New York - The Pogues:


Merry Christmas Everybody - Slade:


Last Christmas - Wham:


Driving Home for Christmas - Chris Rea:


Wonderful Christmas Time - Paul McCartney & Wings:

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...