Monday, November 5, 2012

Design Crush: John Derian

I finally made it over to Bloomsbury to check out Ben Pentreath
(I am slowly crossing things off my Holborn-area London To-Do List).
While I had to refrain from buying up a large portion of the store,
I did come away with a few John Derian post cards, which have now been framed
and added to a shelf in my living room (possibly in preparation for a gallery wall).

John Derian Post Cards

I was introduced to John Derian Company Inc by a friend who regularly shops
at the store on the East Village (6 East Second Street).
John Derian's decoupage platters, plates, bowls and paperweights
are handmade in his New York studio. His store in New York also features
a selection of stationery, ephemera and furniture.

Unfortunately, a lot of the furniture, ceramics, art and textiles
by other designers sold by John Derian are only available in his stores, 
such as these Leanne Shapton painted books, busts and ceramics,
John Robshaw bedding and Les Indiennes textiles.





However, you can buy John Derian's collection of decoupage and small goods online.
Luckily, there are also a number of international retailers that sell John Derian
goods, especially in London (including Ben Pentreath, The Conran Shop, Liberty,
Fortnum & Mason, Designer's Guild and Selfridges.)  Here are a few of my favourites.

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...