Monday, October 8, 2012

Music Monday: The Bamboos' Medicine Man


Medicine Man is the fifth studio release, which hit in June 2012,
from the Melbourne-based nine-piece funk and soul band The Bamboos.
Although formed in 2001, I just discovered this forward-looking Australian band 
on Spotify over the summer, and their album has been getting me 
through the morning commute.

From the reviews I have read, this album breaks into a bit more of a 
pop-soul sound, over the retro-funk of the band's previous albums.

My favourite track on the album, featuring Tim Rogers, is
"I Got Burned."


"Where Does the Time Go?" features Aloe Blacc, and inspires
a little bittersweet nostalgia, as the song's title suggests.


I think that it is rare these days to find an album that can be enjoyed
from start to finish as part of a complete experience. The download market
is much more driven toward singles.  While I do like some songs on the album 
more than others, Medicine Man is definitely complete-album listening.

Here are a couple more tracks - 





Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...