Friday, October 5, 2012

Drink This: Moscow Mule

Happy Friday!

I have successfully completed my first full week of work,
and I feel I've earned a drink. I am sure to drink a few Moscow mules this weekend 
- one of my favourite simple cocktails.

Moscow Mule


(Can someone tell me where to get one of these mugs?)


Recipe:
Juice of 1/4 lime
Vodka (2 shots)
1/2 tin of ginger beer
Few splashes of bitters


Into a tall glass (or the Moscow Mule mug appearing above -
I'd love to drink my Mules out of one of those) filled with ice,
squeeze lime juice and drop in the spent peel.  Pour in the vodka - 
I would recommend two shots, but one would probably do - and ginger beer.
Then finish off with a few splashes of bitters.  You can do this to taste or colour,
which you'll improve to your personal taste the more you drink them.




Apparently, Oprah is a fan of Moscow Mule's, and she puts sugar syrup in hers,
 instead of bitters. If you need something a bit sweeter, try the Oprah recipe.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...