Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wish List: New Job

I have been on vacation for four months, and I start a new job on October 1st.
As a lawyer, I am excited about having to wear a uniform
of dark suits and white or light coloured shirts, paired with 
equally conservative accessories.
However, I am not entirely prepared to retire everything else
to the strictly-weekend wardrobe.

You'd also be surprised how difficult it is to find a conservatively
suited and booted wardrobe when you're a 20-something woman
with a limited budget.  That is, of course, unless you're willing to look 
either like you should never be taken seriously or are, in fact, middle-aged.

I went shopping today with my working wardrobe in mind,
and I returned exhausted and frustrated,
albeit with a new bag and new suit in tow.

(Bag: Zara)

I'm having a slight buyer's remorse about the suit - I can't decide 
if I actually like it or not.  An example of the minefield that is women's suits,
I was looking for a black suit dress and after trying on about 30, 
I ended up with a navy skirt suit.


(Suit: Hobbs - jacket and skirt)

So now for a bit of a therapeutic new job wish list...

1. This is the kind of suit dress a girl needs. I tried on this Theory
sheath dress with its matching jacket at Bloomingdale's
when I was in New York back in August, and it fit perfectly.
Unfortunately, the whole suit was a bit pricey for my
then unemployed pocket.

(Dress: Theory)

2. I've been needing a bag to stash my laptop in on my commute
(hence the Zara tote above), and would love to be carrying this 
Marc by Marc Jacobs hobo around.

(Soft hobo: Marc by Marc Jacobs)


3. I would definitely then need something smaller for the weekend,
like the Michael Kors Middleton bag.

(Navy and Crimson Middleton Square Flap Stripe Bag: Michael Kors)


4. It's almost officially fall and the weather in London is definitely
aware of that, so I'll be needing a coat to keep me warm.
I think either this one from Alexander McQueen,


or this one from Vivienne Westwood. 


5. Finally, this watch will keep me from being late for anything.

(Metro watch: kate spade)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...